Tuesday, June 9

Commitmentphobe No More

Look... check out who finally commits. :)


I've read about this in my friend's blog sometime last week. (Hi Carla! Thanks for sharing). My initial reaction... "WHY VERONICA?!?" I was such a Betty fan. Oh well...

So I've read more about the article just this morning and here's part of it..

“People who vote for Veronica-Archie are the idealists, the people who say, ‘I'm voting for the glitz, the glamour, the high energy, the sexiness, the ideal [and] they might not even care so much that it'll only last five years,'” says the Toronto-based registered family, marriage and sex therapist.

Those who yearn to see Archie and Betty get hitched take a more realistic, traditional view, she says. They're more grounded, are thinking long term and have more of a sense of “for always and forever.”

The way the girlfriends each relate to Archie sheds a lot of light on their character. Betty allows Archie to push her aside, a sign she'd make a submissive wife, Ms. Goertz says.

“Veronica just kind of takes what she takes and doesn't give a whole lot in return, but there's a sense that she's the prize, the unattainable, the hard to reach. Archie's quite flattered by that.”


Hmmmm.. interesting. Read more about it HERE.


How about you? Are you a Betty or are you a Veronica? I think it' healthy to be a little of both. :)

CARPE DIEM!
I'm out.

13 comments:

happyskies said...

Betty fan through and through!! =) she's just like me kasi! Parang easy to please and not rich! heheheh =) pero I've noticed naman ever since I started my Archie collection (nawawala na sila) Archie always forgets his plans with Betty when Veronica comes along. Heheh

Eliza said...

Betty fan too! I hate Archie

Cza said...

@happyskies - grabe sis! I can soooo relate to Betty too! Oh well.. ganon tlaga. Maybe she'll end up with a better guy. Hehehehe. :)

@Eliza - Hate tlaga e noh.. how harsh. :P

Rico said...

A sign of the times really. Marrying the rich girl makes more sense. hehe

Cza said...

@Rico - Haha! I totally agree with you on that comment. :p

kg said...

not good at all! i was rooting for betty...sweet, loyal, and very nice person!

di ko to matanggap! he! he!

arvic said...

nagulat din ako dito.. i always thought he would and should end up with betty.. =)

Cza said...

@kg - me too!!! sana biglang iba pala sa ending. Haha! Umaasa pa rin ako.

Cza said...

@arvic - o nga dear e. oh well... :P

ALiNe said...

Ay.. Bakeit??? pero eversince naman Archie was too obvious on Veronica. Tsktsk!

Girl Anxious said...

SHET.

gandarynako said...

i was always rooting for betty but i know he'd always end up with ronnie ;-)

Cza said...

@jam - nakakasama ng loob di ba... :(

@gandarynako - a lot of girls are rooting for Betty.. maybe because we relate more to her? All hail average girls! :D Hahahaha!