Skip to main content

Katre Mediterreanean Restaurant

Katre will forever be memorable to me. First.. because I have spent great memories with friends there. Second, we just had our "Vday date" there recently.

They had a special set menu for Valentine's day.




So off to the food...

It was a set menu. And for starters, you can choose between salad or soup. And because we were soup-lovers, the obvious choice was the Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup.


The serving was just right. Just enough to get the tummy started. It was tasty and creamy. The good thing about it is that it does not leave you with a really full stomach. This way, you'll surely still have enough space to enjoy the main course.


Next stop was the main course..
My order:

Herb Crusted LambChops with Mint Jelly
served with Couscous Pilaf




It was delicious!!! :) I removed the mint jelly though. I am not a fan of it. Arvic was though. He ate it up. Had it 'medium well' style. The chops were tender and still juicy. The couscous rice was delicious also, it complimented the chops very well. Loved it! :)
Arvic's order:
Grilled Black Angus Rib Eye Steak Au Jus
served with Mashed Potato.



He really liked it! He loves steaks. He even said that it was better than the steaks at Alfredo's. Nice! =)


Next stop.. Dessert. We were given three choices: Chocolate Cake, Carrot Cake or Creme Brulee.


Our dessert...

Carrot Cake





Crème brûlée (aka. Arvic's favorite dessert :P)



What I love about this place is the privacy and the attentive staff. :) If there's an occasion (like Vday or Christmas or any other holiday where people opt to dine out), I think it's a good idea to call for a reservation first. The place is really not that big, though it does have a second floor. All in all I think it can house approximately 30-40 persons max.


Katre Mediterranean Restaurant, Quezon City

103 Dr. Lascano St., Brgy. Laging Handa

Quezon City, Metro Manila

(02) 373-4705


Try it out! :)

CARPE DIEM!

I'm out.

Comments

revsiopao said…
This made me hungry Cza.
The food really looked sumptuous.
Great photos too.

What a romantic V-day indeed!
Cza said…
Hey.. thanks po! :D Just visited your blog too. :D
Ade said…
Okay, me wants to eat there. I'll be bringing the GF there one of these days!
Cza said…
Hey Ade! :D Cge lang go go go! :D

Popular posts from this blog

Makansutra Gluttons Bay at Singapore

First foodtrip stop was at...



It was my first time in Singapore and I was told that I shouldn't miss having dinner at this place. I was really excited to try the food.


The Fooooooooooood!


Satay, something omelette (crab ata), spicy greens


The meat was tasty, I love the peanut sauce, I'm soooo happy I'm not allergic to peanuts. LOL! The omelette sauce and the veggies were all spicy. :)

Yang Chow Fried Rice


Spicy Baby Squid

This was one of my favorite dish in SG. :)

And of course, the must try daw...
Stingray!

It tasted like fish to me. :)

Food price : Affordable, I think a dish is just around $4-10SGD
Location : You exit from City Hall station and walk all the way to Esplanade Mall ->
Makansutra Gluttons Bay Pte. Ltd.
www.makansutra.com
8 Raffles Avenue
#01-15 Esplanade Mall, Singapore 039802
6336 7025


CARPE DIEM!
I'm out.

Baguio Trip - Forest House (Part 1)

To those who tried to guess (see previous entry), we were at Forest House, Baguio City!


The place wasn't really part of our itinerary (if we even had one!). We just passed by this place while making a U-Turn back to Nevada Square because we wanted to grab some drinks at a random bar there. The place caught are eyes because it looked so homey and there were a number of cars parked around it. When we tried to ask for a parking slot the guard told us that it was a full-house and that they were entertaining reserved guests only for that night. This made us more curious about the place. So when we got home, we all decided that we'll reserve a table for the next night "just in case" we'd like to try it out.

As we were entering the place, I definitely knew we made the right choice to try it out.


It was evident what the theme was for the place. All-out Christmas-y!:) We opted to have dinner at the Veranda area to savor the cold Baguio breeze. Dinner food selection followed.…

The Bontoc Museum

I've been going home to Bontoc, Mountain Province for years already and most of the time we go there during Holy Week. I've always wanted to visit the Bontoc Museum but I end up not visiting it again and again because they're closed during Holy Week. So imagine my amazement and (hidden) excitement when I FINALLY got the chance to visit it. Arvic was with me too so it made it extra fun of course. Another first for both of us. :) Yay!

Welcome to....




The Bontoc Musuem!









Entrance fee costs P50.00 only. The musuem has two parts.. the inside musuem and the outside one. Picture taking in the 'inside museum' is not allowed. There you'll be taken back in time with glimpses of the early days of the tribes from Sagada, Ifugao and Bontoc. :) Yes.. there are even pictures of the headhunting days. There are lots of photos of the tribes before and after the colonization. Really interesting. :)



So off we go to the outside musuem. Here, there are actual Nipa huts wherein you can see…