Skip to main content

Memphis Memories (Part III) - Elvis is Alive!

During our family US trip last year, we were fortunate enough that we were invited by family friends to visit Memphis. This also gave us the chance to see where the King of Rock and Roll lived. :)

Ladies and gents.... Welcome to GRACELAND!


It was amazing that even after n-number of years, a lot of people still want to see this place. It was a nice surprise to see lots of people lining up at the lobby area. Whenever we go on tours I like being in a 'group' of people, parang dagdag sa tourist-y feel yung madaming tao. :)

Here's the lobby area. It had a number of souvenir shops.

 

 The whole place was subdivided into different tour destinations. There's the mansion, the car museuem, sincerely elvis (consists of memorabilia: records, pics, awards, clothes) and his airplanes.


First stop is... The Mansion! We went by shuttle bus to the site. During the ride, we were given earphones and remote controls.. you can choose the number based on what the tour guide instructs or what's written on signs in different parts of the mansion. Once you click on that number, a voice over will tell you a story about that particular area.

Here... we were being told how to use it. :)


Then... we see the Mansion :)

To be continued :)

CARPE DIEM!
I'm out.

Comments

kg said…
wow! so dyan pala nanggaling si elvis ha! nice!

aaminin ko na...that's really my land. he he!
witsandnuts said…
Strange, pero ang naaalala ko eh si Scotty of American Idol pag namemention si Elvis. :)
docgelo said…
there are times i like elvis' songs; depends on my mood. but it's good to see memorabilia of iconic figures like elvis!

Popular posts from this blog

Chuper Excited!

2 weeks to go.. then I'll be painting HongKong and Macau red with my Sanity Keepers... Any suggestions on where to go to? Beside from the usual night market, HK Disneyland and Ocean Park. Any cheap foodtrip areas? Plus, it's Arvic's first time in HongKong too. So I'm extra excited for him too. Let the countdown begin!I am sooooo excited already! :) My bday's coming up in more or less 2 weeks also. Yey! Turning 25 and excited about it! :D Planning to spend the weekend before my actual bday with the whole family somewhere. Let's see... :) ======= Yesterday, had a massage at TonTon's again. I loved it! Just what I needed. I love that place.. Not too crowded. And not too expensive too! :) ======= Work starts again tomorrow. Oh well.... positive side? At least I'll have enough moolah to enjoy HongKong. Thank you work! :P CARPE DIEM! I'm out.

Commitmentphobe No More

Look... check out who finally commits. :) I've read about this in my friend's blog sometime last week. (Hi Carla ! Thanks for sharing). My initial reaction... "WHY VERONICA?!?" I was such a Betty fan. Oh well... So I've read more about the article just this morning and here's part of it.. “People who vote for Veronica-Archie are the idealists, the people who say, ‘I'm voting for the glitz, the glamour, the high energy, the sexiness, the ideal [and] they might not even care so much that it'll only last five years,'” says the Toronto-based registered family, marriage and sex therapist. Those who yearn to see Archie and Betty get hitched take a more realistic, traditional view, she says. They're more grounded, are thinking long term and have more of a sense of “for always and forever.” The way the girlfriends each relate to Archie sheds a lot of light on their character. Betty allows Archie to push her aside, a sign she'd make a submissive...

Ba-Bye Ate

Today was quite a sad day for our family. For a very close-knit family, goodbyes are really extra difficult to say . Especially if the one leaving will be miles and seas away. My Ate (with her husband) left this morning for the US. They'll be starting their new life there. She already has work so I don't need to worry about that anyway, and I'm sure that she'll definitely do well. My parents were really sad... maybe it's the thought of being "away" from her. Tipong you have to hop on a plane pa just to be able to get to her. The whole family has US visa naman , we can go there anytime (as long as we have the money I guess :p) Yes, I cried a lot as well... and I guess it's because of all the bilins I got from her. The one that stuck the most " Ikaw na bahala dito ha.. Alagaan mo sila Mama and Papa. Si Ivan ha... Wag mo silang pabayaan. " My nephew on the other hand was a different story... he was eager to go home already when we got to NAIA. ...